On November 19 and 20 of this year, the programme ‘Towards a Rich Wadden Sea’ and the Wadden Academy organise a workshop on current Dutch projects studying the role of mussel beds in the Wadden Sea ecosystem. International experts are also be invited to present research on these topics and to participate in the discussions.
The workshop language will be English. Chairman will be Peter Herman, board member of the Dutch Wadden Academy.
Aim of the Workshops
The aim of the workshop is to present & review research results obtained so far, in order to:
• assess their value for Wadden Sea policy making;
• present results at the Trilateral Scientific Wadden Sea Symposium, which will take place on November 21-23;
• discuss aims and approach for next research phases.
The workshop will be held at the Leeuwarden World Trade Centre, which is also the venue of the Trilateral Scientific Wadden Sea Symposium.
• November 19, afternoon: Tidal mussel beds, stability factors and their functions in the Wadden Sea ecosystem
• November 20, morning: Subtidal mussel beds, stability factors and their functions in the Wadden Sea ecosystem
• November 20, afternoon: Estuarine food web interactions around mussel beds
Target groups for the workshop are:
• researchers on the topics mentioned;
• policy makers with a scientific interest in these topics.