On November 19 and 20 of this year, the programme ‘Towards a Rich Wadden Sea’ and the Wadden Academy organise a workshop on current Dutch projects studying the role of mussel beds in the Wadden Sea ecosystem. International experts are also be invited to present research on these topics and to participate in the discussions.
The workshop language will be English. Chairman will be Peter Herman, board member of the Dutch Wadden Academy.
Aim of the Workshops
The aim of the workshop is to present & review research results obtained so far, in order to:
• assess their value for Wadden Sea policy making;
• present results at the Trilateral Scientific Wadden Sea Symposium, which will take place on November 21-23;
• discuss aims and approach for next research phases.
The workshop will be held at the Leeuwarden World Trade Centre, which is also the venue of the Trilateral Scientific Wadden Sea Symposium.
• November 19, afternoon: Tidal mussel beds, stability factors and their functions in the Wadden Sea ecosystem
• November 20, morning: Subtidal mussel beds, stability factors and their functions in the Wadden Sea ecosystem
• November 20, afternoon: Estuarine food web interactions around mussel beds
Target groups for the workshop are:
• researchers on the topics mentioned;
• policy makers with a scientific interest in these topics.
Costs of participation
Costs of participation and meals will be covered by the organisation. Hence, participants are to cover costs of lodging and travel only. We have reserved rooms at the Leeuwarden WTC hotel. Please send an email to the following addresses, in order to:
• Register as participant: J.te.Velde@mineleni.nl, stating your name, function, affiliation and address data
• Reserve a room at the WTC hotel Leeuwarden: email@example.com, stating your name, address data and the reservation key word ‘Rijke Waddenzee’
In the month of October the full workshop programme will be available.
For further information, please contact Hein Sas, programme Towards a Rich Wadden Sea. Contact details:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: +31-653193495
More information on participating research projects you will find here.